History & Present
The first school of the Surendranath Group of Educational Institutions was established in 1883 by Rashtraguru Surendranath Banerjea, one of the earliest leaders of India's Independence Movement. Presently, the Trust set up by Sir Surendranath to manage the affairs of the educational institutions is responsible for setting up and managing 5 schools and 4 colleges where young people of every social class, community or linguistic group are educated through the medium of English or regional languages. This school enjoys minority status under Article 30 of the Constitution of India and is a protected institution and declared as such by the High Court in Originating Summons.
To commemorate a hundred years after the setting up of the first school of the Surendranath Group; this school has been established by Sarsi Bala Debi Trust with token assistance from Surendranath Trust as an English medium Senior Secondary School.
The school started its academic session in 1988. With every year it made a legendary progress and the school was upgraded to Senior Secondary level in 1997. Presently after 30 years of enriching journey SCS is where it aspired to be and it shares its eminence with every student, staff, parents and well-wishers. The school is affiliated to CBSE New Delhi.
Education as we are all aware is an important factor in preparing the youth for the service of the nation. Our mission, therefore is to provide quality education to all students of the society, put in extra effort and special care to develop not only academically proficient, mature and confident individuals, but disciplined adults who can take up the challenge of tomorrow.
Here at Surendranath Centenary School, the various aspects of education are taken into consideration, keeping in mind the needs of each child, which leads to the overall development of students. Thus, Education which begins at home, is given a proper direction so that the students can find a place for themselves in society.
With the above objectives in mind we try to make every child competent enough to accept responsibility, develop a positive attitude and emerge as a compassionate individual, who has the ability to translate academic study and personal concern into effective leadership and serve mankind when he/she steps into his/her professional career.
- ‘Nothing Beyond’
is the buzzword in the air of the campus and down every corridor. The school logo proudly carries the buzzword emphasizing all at SCS to think beyond the horizon to stream line their thoughts, express their ideas and manifest their talents using the school platform.
Our Expectations from Parents and Students
- co-operate with school in enforcing regularity, punctuality and discipline. They should take active interest in their ward's progress and activities in school, through the School Diary as a means of communication between teachers and parents. Parents must
- of any change in Contact No. & address, the school must be intimated in written immediately or at the earliest. In case
- and Test ex-books should be signed after each test & returned the day after receiving them. Terminal-Progress Report Card
- will be condoned without a leave-application, nor will late comers be allowed to attend class. No absence
- is an important document and should be kept safely. If the report card is lost, a replacement will be made on the payment of Rs.150/-. The Report Card
- be taken of all school property and any damage caused will have to be made good by the student concerned. In addition to it a fine will be imposed for the offence. Care must
- Negligence of work assignments and any form of misconduct are liable for punishment or dismissal, according to the discretion of the Principal. Irregular Attendance,
- must attend the Parent-Teacher's meet. Both Parents
- not carry cash or any valuable article. The school will not be responsible if the same is lost. Students should
- Periodicals, Pictures or Newspapers, Cassettes or CD's, Mobile Phones, Electronic Gadgets shall be brought into school without permission. No Objectionable Books,
- are expected to be in proper uniform, polished shoes, neatly trimmed hair and clean nails everyday including PTM & field trips. Students
- found missing in class after coming to school, will be deal with severely by the school authorities. Any student
- Students should be well behaved and above all must respect all members of the staff, since conduct is the vital part of their development. Any sort of aggressive/ unruly behaviour and rough language with the teacher/ staff/ security will not be tolerated and the school will take necessary disciplinary action.
- obey the Head Boy, Head Girl, House Captains, Perfects & other students on duty. Students must
- the right to expel any pupil whose behavior is deemed unsatisfactory. In such cases the Principal does not bind himself/herself to giving any reason. The Principal reserves
- converse in English in the school premises to develop their language skills. All students should
- copying in examination or found committing malpractice will be suspended from school. Any student caught
- allowed to go out of the classroom/school without permission and are forbidden to contact outsiders during school hours. Students are not
- for students to be present on the first and the last working days before and after each vacation. It is compulsory
- will bw allowed to meet a teacher after 12:00 noon (unless emergency). Kindly follow the visiting hours No parent